Sunday, July 15, 2007

Worship on the Water July 15

Hey friends!
We had a great morning, a bit cool, but at least there wasn't any rain! I'm thankful that God provides exactly what we need... I needed someone to help keep an eye on the boys while I sang and then spoke... there was a couple from the Presbyterian church that brings the coffee and donuts... they were just enamored with my boys, especially Joel. It was as if they found a couple grandkids they didn't know existed. The music went well and my testimony was well received. I used the wordless book again, and was asked where to get one immediately following the service. I knew that God was working as I saw tears in the eyes on one lady as I spoke. Later she asked me "How do you forgive someone who had hurt you deeply?" I answered, "only God can help us forgive and love others that way." I can't say that was the best answer, but without going into details, it was the best place for her to start.
It made me think of Colossians 3:13 "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."
It's difficult to do that sometimes, but that's why we have to come back to God. God forgave us, we also should forgive each other. We don't tend to forget what happened, but God can bring healing to our wounds. I was reminded again of 1 John 4:20
"If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen."
This verse really hits home. because I do love God, but I know that I've held onto my share of resentment and anger. It is only by the grace of God that I have been learning to let it go and trust God to take care of the circumstances that I can't control. I realize that anger, bitterness and unforgiveness can chain my and your soul and keep us from loving God and others as God would have us to. That's why it's so important to live at peace with everyone, as far as it is possible with us. I'm sure this isn't a new revelation to anyone, but in truth I'm sure it's something that we all have struggles with at one time or another.
"God, place in our hearts the love that breaks the chains that keeps us from loving You and others the way you have called us to. Amen"

No comments: