Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Following a new path...

Today I invested in the future of people I haven't met yet. I started down a road that I've never been on, to reach people who will be in need of the words and songs that I bring and sing.  There are places where I've never traveled. I'll go because the hand of God wants to reach out to heal and restore them. There are churches that will need to remember they are the Bride of Christ.  There is a wedding feast ahead and they need to be ready! There is a Groom (Christ) who they need to fall passionately in love with! The expression of their love, their "Living Expressions" need to be seen in the places where they live, work and shop. I know that God wants to use me for greater purposes than to change out magazines and books! LOL
That's why I began a journey to pursue a music ministry... emphasis on the ministry part.  The Incubator Creative Group is a management company that helps "hatch" new music ministries.  With a proven plan and track record, they help to shape the artist and the ministry.  It is a process that begins with the discovery of the great gift that God has placed inside of us.  It's in sharing that 'gift' of experiences, including failures and pain, with individuals and groups of people, that I'll develop a niche' of people that will want to partner with me.  Just to clarify something... I'm really buying Incubators vision about music ministry.  They are not about me creating music so that I can make a CD and book concerts, maybe sell a few t-shirts and posters.  They are about using the music as a means of placing me where I can minister to/with people.  The music is a business... small one at that(!), but the ministry is always free.  I know someone is scratching their head about this.  This isn't the Nashville model of the music business.  This is a different model, that has at the heart, ministry that takes place with individuals not only after a concert, but between concerts, in various forms.  My heart is not to write songs and perform them so that the world can say what a wonderful person I am.  My heart is to write and share music that says how wonderful God is!  My heart is to be transparent about where I've been and what I've been through, to encourage and begin to point others to where they can have hope and healing in Christ! 
I know that not everyone will jump on board, and I'm just fine with that.  But I know that there are people who have believed in what God has been doing in me far longer than I have believe it myself.  You are the friends and family that will partner with me.  I so look forward to what God will do in and through us together! 


For His Glory alone... Lonnie

No comments: