Friday, September 25, 2009

Observations from "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs"

Got home from "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs" with the family. The 3D glasses are so somebody's 1967 version of having fun with the crowd. (you'd have to see them... maybe I'll post a pic later...) Anyhow... so Here's my observations of themes that I saw in the movie:
1. We all need someone to believe in us (mom, dad, teacher, etc... God already does... sometimes we just need God with "skin on" to understand that)
2. Be yourself... I had to laugh at the guy who had to find his identity again... and the girl who thought she needed to be something else before people would accept her. (God made you and He doesn't make mistakes!)
3. Sometimes it's difficult for us to explain how much our Father loves us to others. (closing scene where the dad gets the 'universal translator' put on him to explain how much he loves his son, because communicating with fishing analogies don't seem to work) This is probably where my passion lies... I really want people to know and to understand how much God loves them. Unfortunately what I've seen in many churches does little to help people understand that. It's like "fishing analogies" to so many and they just don't get it, and even wonder if God doesn't just hate them because of what they are going through. We do a serious injustice to God when we cannot clearly and lovingly communicate His love story... how He has lavishly loved us in Jesus Christ.
I know that some will go to see the movie and think, '"Where did Lonnie see THAT in the movie!?!?" It's a gift, I don't talk about it much... :)

No comments: