Friday, November 9, 2007

"Most beautiful song I ever heard!" -Caleb

Wednesday night on TV we watch Kid Nation together. This past week I had to work late so I missed the show. Amy calls me up on Thursday to tell me about what happened and Caleb's response. On Kids Nation they had a talent show and when it was over they asked about hidden talents. A girl got up to sing. Amy said, "She didn't look like much, but, MAN could that girl sing!" What she sang had Caleb's complete attention, jaw open, staring at the TV... Amazing Grace. At the end of the song Caleb said, "Mom, that's the most beautiful song I ever heard!" Amy was having a hard time holding tears back. When she told me the story I was working and trying not to cry myself. To further clarify what Caleb meant she asked him later at bed time. He said, "The words. Those words were beautiful."

Maybe as you are reading this you are trying to remember the words or maybe even singing the tune... Amazing Grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me, I once was lost but now I'm found, was blind but now I see.

Do you hear the sound of "I forgive you"? Do you realize you were missing? Are you now seeing?
The view for me is getting better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When Children (people) are prayed for and that God (Holy Spirit) will touch them in His way, I am not surprized at the reaction. Caleb will be blessed. Don't we have a word from God that the little Children will lead them???